WHET CAFE BAR & RESTAURANT + FREEHOLD
Since 2007, the family-owned Whet Cafe, Bar and Restaurant has been the epicentre of fine dining and entertainment in the quaint tourist village of Cape Tribulation. Set amongst the iconic tropical Daintree Rainforest, Whet combines the natural wonder of the surrounding jungle with its unique and casual atmosphere.
Located right in the heart of Cape Tribulation, locals and tourists alike have enjoyed the specialised Al Carte menu on offer, with an emphasis on local produce and the freshest of seafood.
With beautiful fire-lit outdoor deck dining surrounded by lush tropical rainforest gardens, and attractive cocktail lounge area, an icy cold beer or excellent coffee can complement the fare on offer at Cape Tribulation’s number one destination restaurant.
Other features of the business opportunity include:
• Able to cater for small or larger events with up to 60 Pax sit down and 100 Pax cocktail style
• Potential deck extension with preliminary plans in place
• Room for additional growth and extension of a Beer Garden
• Long term agreements with tour operators
• Signature venue for weddings, parties or corporate events
• Turnover in pre COVID financial year in excess of $1M
• Consistent Year on Year Growth
• Fully licensed including front garden area
• Jewel in the Crown of Cape Tribulation
• Glowing social media reviews - Number 1 with Trip Advisor for 10 years and Certificate of Excellence and Hall of Fame Certification for each of the past 5 years - over 1,200 4.5 star Trip Advisor reviews
• Fully trained staff
• Upgraded & professionally maintained Commercial kitchen
• Fully sustained, off-grid business
• Freehold 2.5 acres (1.015 hectares) at 3867 Cape Tribulation Road, Cape Tribulation - including Award Winning Restaurant, large family home, staff quarters & infrastructure
• Zoned “Low Impact Tourism Accommodation”
• Restaurant at front of property with adjacent rear car park
• First floor air-conditioned function facility which has the potential to be converted to a 2-bedroom apartment
• Staff house with 5 bedrooms which can generate over $1,000 per week during peak season
• 5-bedroom Manager’s residence at rear
• Central workshop and generator shed
• 30 plus species of mature, tropical exotic fruit trees with rainforest, grassed area and orchard
• Unmonitored access to water with no water restrictions or water rates
• Generated diesel power, tertiary-level sewerage, recycled rubbish removal and grey water system for orchard irrigation
• 3 caravans on site for further staff accommodation
After some thirteen highly successful years, the founding Sellers are wishing to re-locate due to maximising educational opportunities for their three children. The Sellers will provide up to four weeks transitional training for a Buyer.
Rarely do such freehold opportunities on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef, in addition to a profitable, turnkey business, arise in the prized Daintree Rainforest catchment. An ideal opportunity exists for up and coming Chefs to acquire their own freehold restaurant. With this lovingly nurtured operation now ready for the next stage of growth, savvy entrepreneurs are urged to inspect!